Meals and Accommodations
Most of our shutdown and maintenance projects are located in remote areas of western Canada. Housing is available in camps near the plant. Transportation to and from the worksite is provided.
Excellent quality meals are available at no charge in employee cafeterias.
Conditions in a Typical Camp (Fort McMurray, Alberta - Oilsands Projects):
- Lodging is one person per room.
- Certain camps are deemed "dry" and prohibit alcohol and/or smoking rooms.
- You will be assigned to a specific camp.
- Recommended items to bring: Personal toiletries, towels, flip flops or water shoes for shower.
- Most camps have private and semi-private washroom/showers. However, some camps have common washroom and shower facilities. Bring your own towel. Towel service is not available at all sites.
- Rooms are wired for television and internet connections; most supply televisions.
- Three meals/day provided at no cost to the employee.
- Laundry facilities provided at no cost to the employee; bring your own detergent.
- Common television rooms and exercise rooms.
- Small "corner shop" and pay telephones.
Sample rooms from Borealis Lodge and Mildred Lake Village in the Alberta oil sands near Fort McMurray: